Earlier today the Microsoft released the RTM version of the new Microsoft WebDAV Extension for IIS 7.0 for Windows Server 2008!
Listed below are the links for the download pages for each of the individual installation packages:
- 32-bit Installation Package:
- 64-bit Installation Package:
We've loaded this version with many great new features such as:
- Integration with IIS 7.0:
- The new WebDAV extension module is fully integrated with the new IIS 7.0 administration interface and configuration store.
- Per-site Configuration:
- WebDAV can be enabled and configured at the site-level on IIS 7.0, which differed from IIS 6.0 where WebDAV was enabled at the server-level through a Web Service Extension.
- Per-URL Security:
- WebDAV-specific security is implemented through WebDAV authoring rules that are configured on a per-URL basis.
To help you get started using the new WebDAV extension, the following walkthroughs have been published on the http://learn.iis.net/ web site:
- Getting Started:
- Advanced Administrative Features:
Here are a couple of screenshots of the new WebDAV UI in action:
The following prerequisites are required to install the new WebDAV extension:
- You must be using Windows Server 2008.
- Internet Information Services 7.0 must be installed.
- If you are going to manage the new WebDAV extension using the IIS 7.0 user interface, the administration tool will need to be installed.
- You must install the new WebDAV extension as an administrator.
- IIS 7.0 supports a new shared configuration environment, which must be disabled on each server in a web farm before installing the new WebDAV extension for each node. Note: Shared configuration can be re-enabled after the WebDAV extension had been installed.
Feedback about the WebDAV extension and requests for information can be posted to the following web forum:
IIS7 Publishing Forum: http://forums.iis.net/1045.aspx
I would be remiss if I did not mention that special thanks go to:
- Keith – for building it
- Eok, Sriram, Ciprian, Dave – for testing it
- Gurpreet, Brian, Carlos, Reagan – for making it look pretty
- Wade, Ulad, Nazim – for stretching it
We've had a great time working on this project - thanks again to everyone that provided feedback to us throughout all of our technical previews!