Tech Preview 2 of the IIS7 PowerShell Provider is now available for download.
What’s new in Tech Preview 2?
- IIS7 Powershell provider now supports SSL (installing and acquiring a certificate, creating an ssl site binding)
- Tech Preview 2 ships with 40 new cmdlets. All of these cmdlets are for day-to-day IIS tasks like creating web-sites, web-applications, enabled request tracing, adding a handler or a module. The complete list is at http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/492/using-the-task-based-cmdlets
- Create Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Change Simple Configuration Properties on Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications and Virtual Directories
- Add and Change Complex Configuration Settings
- Query Run-time Data (Web-Site State, Application Pool State, Currently Executing Requests)
- Execute Advanced Configuration Tasks, Scripting, Integration with other PowerShell Snap-Ins and features
- Search and Discover Configuration Settings
Tech Preview 2 of the IIS 7.0 PowerShell Provider can be found here:
Go to our PowerShell forum if you need support or if you are looking for 'Tips and Tricks'
The walkthroughs are here: http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/447/managing-iis-with-the-iis-70-powershell-provider/