We’re excited to announce that IIS Media Services 3.0, which includes the RTW of Live Smooth Streaming is now available for download (WebPI, x86, x64). This release builds on the Beta’s functionality that delivered:
- Smooth bit-rate switching that provides your users the best possible quality at that moment in time
- Massive scalability through the use of cacheable HTTP
- Integrated Network DVR
The team has been hard at work since the Beta making the product better. So what’s new in RTW? Here are the highlights...
- High Availability – multi-tier scalability and failover
- 24/7 and long-running event support
- Ad insertion support
Try it out today by following the steps in one of the following walkthroughs:
- Getting Started with Live Smooth Streaming
- Creating and Managing Publishing Points
- Live Smooth Streaming for IIS 7.0 - Syndicating Content between Servers
You can also download the new Smooth Streaming Deployment Guide for a step-by-step description of the encoding, server, and client set up for Smooth Streaming in a single document. Finally, don’t forget to check out the IIS Media Services Showcase, which gives a visual overview of the IIS Smooth Streaming deployments to date and a flavor for the kinds of experiences they delivered to users.
Please don’t hesitate to provide feedback on this release. Look forward to hearing about your experience…