Today we did the official release for ARR Version 2 for IIS7.0 on Vista/Windows 2008 and IIS7.5 on Windows7/Windows 2008 R2 and it is now fully supported by Microsoft Support.Overview:
Microsoft Application Request Routing (ARR) for IIS7.0 on Vista/Windows 2008 and IIS7.5 on Windows7/Windows 2008 R2 is a proxy-based routing module that forwards HTTP requests to application servers based on HTTP headers, server variables, and load balance algorithms.
ARR Version 2 is an incremental release that includes all of the features from Version 1, and adds support for disk-based cache. More specifically, ARR Version 2 can be used to:
- Enhance ARR Version 1 scenarios with disk cache.
- Use ARR as a cache proxy as a cache node in a CDN/ECN environment.
- Use ARR as an edge/child cache node.
- Use ARR as a parent cache node.
Download ARRv2 RTW from:
• Microsoft Application Request Routing Version 2 RTW for IIS7.0 on Vista/Windows 2008 and IIS7.5 on Windows7/Windows 2008 R2 (x86) here.
• Microsoft Application Request Routing Version 2 RTW for IIS7.0 on Vista/Windows 2008 and IIS7.5 on Windows7/Windows 2008 R2 (x64) here.
- RSCA runtime statistics as performance counters. Users of Application Request Routing will now be able to monitor runtime statistics using performance counters.
- Allow option to cache query string. A new option has been added to query string support which will do the caching keeping query string in mind.
- Ability to run scavenger as a standalone tool.
- Improved documentation at Microsoft Technet site.
Application Request Routing Version 2
Install Application Request Routing Version 2
Configure and enable disk cache in Application Request Routing
Cache hierarchy management using Application Request Routing
Deploying Application Request Routing in CDN
Browse cached contents on disk on Application Request Routing
Delete cached objects
Manually override cache-control directives using Application Request Routing
Warm-up cache nodes on Application Request Routing
Configure byte-range request segment size in Application Request Routing
Configure request consolidation feature in Application Request Routing
Using compression in ARR
Deployment recommendations for Application Request Routing
Using Performance Counter
Configure Caching with Query String Support in Application Request Routing
Running Sacenger.exe to delete cached content from secondary drive