Last week we released a refresh for the IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit v1.0. This version is a minor update that includes fixes for all the important bugs reported in the IIS.NET SEO Forum.
Some of the fixes included in this version are:
- Pages sending the XHTML content type 'application/xhtml+xml' are not parsed correctly as HTML causing their links and violations to be empty.
- Report Analysis fails if the META tags include certain characters.
- <style> tag is not parsed correctly if it is empty causing Invalid Markup violations to be flagged incorrectly.
- Memory is not released when the "Store Copies of analyzed web pages locally" button is unchecked.
- HTML with leading empty lines and doctype fails to parse correctly causing their links and violations to be empty.
- Internal Link criteria option of "host: <sitename> and subdomains (*.<sitename>)" fails to work as expected under certain configurations.
- System.NullReferenceException when content attribute is misisng in Meta tag
- Windows authentication does not work with servers configured with NTLM or Kerberos only challenge.
- External META tags are stored in the report making it cumbersome to use the important ones.
- Several localization related bugs.
- DTD error when navigating to the Sitemap and Sitemap Index User Interface.
- And others…
This release is compatible with v1.0 RTM and it will upgrade if already installed. So go ahead and install the new version using Web Platform Installed by clicking: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9695987
Learn more about it at: http://www.iis.net/expand/SEOToolkit