We proudly announce the release of IIS Advanced Logging 1.0.
IIS Advanced Logging 1.0 includes the following features:
- Client-side logging. Advanced Logging builds capabilities into IIS to accept client-side consumption metrics. This provides relevant and important user engagement metrics that your customers will love.
- Centralized logging. Advanced Logging provides capabilities to set up a central log farm that collects and logs client-side metrics. This reduces the effort required to collect distributed logs, and consolidated log collection results in more efficient post-processing. I wanted to clarify that this is not for all logging. Note: This is for client-side logging.
- Multiple Logs per request. Advanced Logging provides capabilities to filter information relevant to specific purposes by creating multiple logs per request, with each log containing data relevant to the log's purpose. For example, Quality of Service (QoS) data in one log and Analytics data in another. All the post-processing required to distill the information using today's solutions is no longer needed.
- Real-time logging. Advanced Logging can extend the platform to support real-time analytics, helping you to provide real-time reports to customers or work with partners to do the same.
- Rich/Flexible logging. Advanced Logging does not assume what is important to you. Instead, it provides enough control to specify what fields are important to you, add additional fields with ease, and provide policies around log rollover and request filtering. These capabilities do not exist today. Now you can log any of the HTTP request/response headers, IIS server variables, and client-side fields with simple configuration through the management console.
- Application Logging. Making use of the IIS configuration system, Advanced Logging provides capabilities to generate separate logs for sites, applications and so on.
- Module Specific Log fields. If you are developing modules for IIS, you can specify custom fields that can be collected in logs.
- Log Filtering. Logging now has the ability to filter requests to be logged based on the values in the log fields
You can learn more about the feature by reading the walkthroughs:
- Getting started with Advanced Logging
- Real-Time Logging
- Client Logging
- Learn more about the feature on - http://www.iis.net/extensions/AdvancedLogging
We eagerly await your feedback and comments on the Advanced Logging Discussion Forum.