Finally, IIS 7.0 has a PowerShell Provider!
The IIS7 PowerShell Provider allows you to
- Create Web-Sites, Web Applications, Virtual Directories and Application Pools
- Change Simple Configuration Properties on Web-Sites, Application Pools, Web Applications and Virtual Directories
- Add and Change Complex Configuration Settings
- Query Run-time Data (Web-Site State, Application Pool State, Currently Executing Requests)
- Execute Advanced Configuration Tasks, Scripting, Integration with other PowerShell Snap-Ins and features
- Search and Discover Configuration Settings
Here is a screen shot of how to create a new IIS app:
Tech Preview 1 of the IIS 7.0 PowerShell Provider can be found here:
Go to our PowerShell forum if you need support or if you are looking for 'Tips and Tricks'
We have 9 walkthroughs for you to get familiar with the IIS 7.0 PowerShell Provider: