Yesterday, we released a refreshed Beta 2 for WebMatrix. It contains a number of bug fixes and feature improvements over Beta 1.
- New and updated Razor templates
- Feedback and bug fixes as suggested by the community on Microsoft Connect
- HTTPS browsing selection support from the Run ribbon button when enabled
This is on top of the existing feature list of:
- Awesome local web application deployment capability to web hosters
- Integrated editor with Razor syntax highlighting
- Search Engine Optimization toolkit built in
- Database management capabilities for SQL, MySQL and SQL Compact Edition
- Tons of web applications to choose from and play with
Our documentation team has been hard at work putting together and updating tutorials on WebMatrix. You can find those excellent tutorials around WebMatrix and Razor here. If you’re interested in reading this on your favorite eBook reader you can grab the eBook here! In addition, there are the original IIS Express Documents here.
So, check it out! You can download the new Web Platform Installer v.3 Beta here and upgrade your WebMatrix today!