I recently asked user of WINCACHE to give feedback on soon-to-be-released bits of WINCACHE 1.0.1. We got mails from lot of people who came forward to help us with the testing. I would like to thank all of you there who helped us in testing the critical fix. I am still getting request for new binaries which is overwhelming. Based on the user’s feedback (which was all positive) we decided to release WINCACHE 1.0.1 today. I would advise everybody using WINCACHE to switch to the new stable version even if you are not seeing any problem with current builds. This version has got a critical fix and is good enough reason to upgrade to the newer bits.
Upgrade is supported from Microsoft Web Platform Installer if one is using PHP5.2. The new binaries can be downloaded from link at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincache/. The main download link contains the WINCACHE 1.0.1 binaries for PHP 5.2. Binaries for PHP 5.3 version can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincache/files/. Right now we are releasing only non-thread-safe bits of WINCACHE only. Anyone interested in thread safe version will be required to build the extension from downloading the sources from http://pecl.php.net/package/WinCache.
The release contains below fixes:
- Fixed require_once on PHP5.3. If the files were absolute and similar files were included in different case, require_once was including it twice.
- Changed relative path cache to act as resolve path cache. Incremented refcounts under aplist lock. Did comparison using InterlockedCompareExchange.
- Fixed crashes which were happening because aplist refcount and opcode cache refcount can get out of sync due to local cache.
- Exposed is_local_cache property from ocache_fileinfo and fcache_fileinfo. Stats page will use this to indicate when local opcode data is shown.
- Updated the wincache.php to pass chart data on query string to ensure that the charts show the same data that is displayed in tables
- Updated the wincache.php to show whether information about a global or local cache instance is being displayed
- Changed variable names and comments to indicate rplist is resolve path cache and not just relative path cache
- Changed wincache.php to use resolve_path instead of relative_path
Thanks for the patient reading and till we meet again ‘Good Bye’.