Yeah, what a cheesy title, but hey it's just my first blog entry. My goal is to get a blog entry out at least once a week, if not more.
So why blog? Well it's a great way to have a little fun and talk with other people about the things I'm interested in. It's also a good way to get more data from customers about IIS and help teach people about some cool things IIS is capable of doing, but that we didn't get time to document or explain fully.
Topics I plan to go over in the course of my blogs:
- Various feature areas I've tested in IIS, such as WebDAV, HTTP Compliance, Perf Counters, Static File Handler, UNC scenarios
- Testing in Windows - automation strategy; assessing quality of complex products
- Why Microsoft? - why I like working here and plan to stay working here
- Other stuff - I might get into politics, religion ... all the things you're not suppossed to talk about during dinner. :)
- Lastly, as a homeowner I spend a lot of time on my lawn and house ... and since I'm too cheap to hire out work I like to do the stuff myself or work on it with a friend
I'll blog again soon, but here's the first installment. Next time around, I'll start digging into some of the nitty gritty details of perf counters and how they've changed between IIS5 and IIS6.