Windows Azure Media Services team is very pleased to announce Smooth Streaming Client SDK for Windows Phone 8.1 aligned with the announcement of Windows Phone 8.1 at //Build/ conference today. This release includes the same features as Smooth Streaming Client SDK for Windows 8/8.1 and also uses the same API set which will help unifying development afford across Windows, Windows Phone and XBOX ONE applications.
Smooth Streaming Client SDK release supports:
(**) this version is only supported on Windows Phone 8.1 and with Visual Studio 2013 update 2. You can get the Windows 8 version from here and Windows 8.1 version from here.
- WP 8.1 store app XAML and HTML5/JS applications
- On-demand Playback (Play, Pause, Seek, Stop)
- Live playback with seeking capabilities (Play, Pause, Seek, Go-to-Live)*
- Support for video codes - H.264, VC-1
- Support for Audio codecs - AAC, WMA Pro
- Multiple audio language switching with APIs*
- Track-selection for playback (for example, restrict the available bitrates)*
- Text and Spare Track APIs*
- Content protection - Microsoft PlayReady integration.(PlayReady SDK can be downloaded from here)
- Trickplay (slow motion, fast-forward and rewind)
(*) Some of these features aren't supported with Windows Phone 8.1 default APIs. To enable these features, you need to use the Smooth Streaming Client SDK APIs.