- On-demand Smooth Streaming/Windows Azure Media Services on-demand MPEG-DASH playback (Play, Pause, Seek, Stop)
Live Smooth Streaming playback (Play)
Live DVR functions (Pause, Seek, DVR Playback, Go-to-Live)
- Support for video codecs – H.264
- Support for Audio codecs – AAC
- Multiple audio language switching with OSMF built-in APIs
- Max playback quality selection with OSMF built-in APIs
- This version only supports OSMF 2.0
Note: This is a prerelease software and features, support and APIs are subject to change!The initial release notes are available through MS Download Center and can be found here. For getting started with this new plugin, you can download the Smooth Streaming plugin for OSMF from the MS Download Center. Basic information for building an OSMF player with Smooth Streaming plugin and loading Smooth Streaming dynamic plugin to Strobe Media Player, can be found here.
To enable Windows Azure Media Services MPEG-DASH support:
Please refer to Dynamic Packaging configuration page and also here is a great post from my colleague John Deutcher for how to details (MPEG DASH preview from Windows Azure Media Services).
FeedbackIf you have feature requests, or want to provide general feedback—we want to hear it all! Please use the Smooth Streaming plugin for OSMF Forum thread to let us know what’s working, what isn’t, and how we can improve your Smooth Streaming development experience for OSMF applications.